Background

Monday, December 17, 2012

About Me



The instant that a woman is told that she will become a mother, her life changes.
No matter the circumstance of the pregnancy, I believe that the
same emotions are consistent: excitement, fear, and inadequacy.
The mix can be tumultuous enough to discourage any woman!
Luckily, we have a God that guides us through life's journey.




I like a simple life- one that is not constricted my materialism and has more humor than spats. There are few interests in my "simple" daily life: my children (my son is 4 3/4, baby girl is 4 months), my husband, God's Word, and my home. Under those headings, you will find my hobbies: decorating, organizing, travel, missions, informing and researching,  cooking, trial-and-error Mommy instincts, as well as talking to other Mommies. You will find that I will write about all these aspects of my life, and hopefully they will relate to you!


Just to get a little glimpse into the complexity (I'm not always simple!) of "me" I'm going to start you off with 10 random facts about myself:



1. I am an advocate for natural birth- especially home birth. My daughter (Lillie-Mae) was born at home- 
and it has forever changed me.

2. I love to entertain at my home. Whether it be for one close friend, my son's friends, or three families, 
I like to cook, clean up, and just serve others. (I am definitely a "Martha"!) 

3. I am married to my best friend, Chris. He is my rock and our marriage is built on the foundation of 
God's Word. Submission and being a Godly woman are terms 
that do not scare me! 
("Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord." Ephesians 5:22) 

4. I like to make people laugh- especially when they are unhappy. Then, most friends will 
say that I have some wise comment to share in their troubles.

5. I am obsessed with all things cleaning- I have a cleaning list broken down into daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly
tasks. (I felt the need to memorize the list, so my guests would not laugh
at it hanging on the refrigerator!)

6. I love children- especially babies. I have a soft spot for every child, but especially abused children.
It is my desire to someday be a part of foster care/adoption for children. (And yes, that desire is often intimidating!)

7. If can openers and turning on a light switch were the only technology I had to have knowledge of, 
I could educate the world! However, my husband has to update, back up, protect, and unfreeze
every piece of technology for me.

8. Family is very important to me. My Papaw has always said, "It's not about the blood that runs to make a family." 
I never understood that until God wonderfully blended my own family.

9. If I could choose one attribute that I would always possess- it would be 
contentment. The world works so hard for you to not be content! 
("But godliness with contentment is great gain." 1 Timothy 6:6)

10. Kay Arthur, Beth Moore, and Priscilla Shirer are three women that inspire me. Their writings and lessons 
have always directed me back to God. 





2 comments:

  1. love it! and i'm going to need you to write down that daily, weekly, monthly, yearly cleaning list for me... seriously. i need something to hold me accountable.

    ReplyDelete