Background

Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas {Wrapping and Traditions}

"Merry Christmas!!" 

Christmas is my favorite time of the year! I love to wrap presents, and every year I wrap my presents with a "theme". Since my family is enjoying Christmas Eve and part of Christmas Day in the cabins, I went with a woodsy theme. The best part of my wrapping were my frugal supplies: I found plaid, checked, and snowman wrapping paper at Big Lots last year for the after Christmas clearance price of 50¢ as well as various ribbons and raffeta left over from my wedding decor.  



These two silly cats thought they
could be wrapped up.  

To set the mood, I had the "Jingle Bells" station on Pandora playing. 

One layer of ribbon is not enough!
 Raffeta was added to every bow. 





The process and clean-up was chaos!!! 




I love giving gifts to the people I love. I put a lot of thought into what they would like that they normally wouldn't purchase for themselves. This year, I started cleaning a house once a week so that paying for Christmas presents wouldn't be a financial burden for our family. God is really teaching me a lot about being frugal, and it is so great to see how HE supplies through faith.

Dallas has always loved the story of Jesus' birth. He gets very excited for a Birthday Party, and has said that Jesus' birthday party is the greatest! Two years ago I got him a book from a local author telling of how Jesus chose Santa to give all the people of the world presents for His birthday to show them His love. Before bed on Christmas Eve, Dallas said, "When I wake up in the morning and see my presents from Santa, I'm going to stop and thank Jesus and tell him "Happy Birthday!". What a precious way that a child thinks. This Christmas, the song "Born to Die" is a reminder of God's sovereign plan for Jesus' birth. Listen and reflect on it this Christmas

 I hope you all have a very "Merry Christmas" tomorrow! May your day be filled with love and laughter from family and friends.








No comments:

Post a Comment