Background

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Detailed Chore List

"{To be} discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, 
obedient to their own husbands, 
that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:5

I am so excited that of all things someone could ask me to share, my most favorite topic was addressed: cleaning! I will share my Detailed Chore List. As stated previouslyI have proudly hung a "Daily, Weekly, Monthly, AND Seasonal chore list on my refrigerator for quite some time. After Lillie-Mae's arrival I found myself having quite a few visitors... And those welcome guests liked to browse my refrigerator, land their eyes on the Detailed Chore List, and poke fun at how obsessive I was over cleaning.

Those comments were always followed by "How do you keep your house so clean?" Um... please examine your previous comment! But before I toot my own horn (a sparkly, well oiled horn at that), let me say that being "clean" is nothing but genetics. I come by it honest. Having my carpet vacuumed the same way every time, not sleeping until the dishes are done, scrubbing babies faces until they are rosy red, and griping at the husband every single time he walks in from outside with muddy shoes on... All part of my genetic make-up. So for you, cleaning may be a learned habit. If you need some motivation, let me share a quick story of the imaginary School Teacher that would "follow" me around while doing my adolescent chores.

The school teacher was a very mean lady. I would imagine that she would go around the school house (my home), and critic every girl's work. When she came to me, I had better be doing things in order, efficiently, and quickly. If not, she would take out a ruler and smack the girls on the hand! 

Maybe I watched Anne of Green Gables too much, or maybe I really did have an "obsessive" cleaning problem growing up... However, this Detailed Chore List can be customized to fit any person's busy/boring schedule!  

Daily: Get Kids Dressed, Open Curtains and Blinds, Make/Eat Breakfast, Sweep Litter, Make Beds, Get Dressed, Pick up Any Clutter from Bedrooms/Bathrooms, Wipe Down Bathroom Countertops, Take Laundry to Laundry Room and Start a Wash Load, Water Flowers, Prepare for Errands
Lunch, Playtime with Kids, Nap, Put Wash Load in Dryer, Bible, Weekly Chores,  Prepare Dinner, Wash Dishes, Tidy Living Room and Kitchen, Iron, Litter/ Pet Food Bowls, Computer Time

Monday: Garbage, Sweep and Vacuum, Wash Sheets
Tuesday: Buy Groceries, Dust
Wednesday: Sweep and Vacuum, Vacuum Furniture, Clean Bathrooms
Thursday: Garbage, Mop, Paperwork
Friday: Sweep and Vacuum, Sweep Garage, Sweep Porches
Saturday: FAMILY day {work or play, but do it together}
Sunday: REST "And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made." Genesis 2:2 

Monthly: 

Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
1st week
q check ac filter
q
q clean kitchen/living room drawers and cabinets
q


2nd week
q
q wash woodwork
q cobwebs
q


3rd week
qcheck dryer ductwork
q
q
qclean bathrooms and entry light fixture
q

4th week
q
qwash window sills
q
q
q print pictures

1st week
q change ac filter
q
q clean bathroom/bedroom, and laundry closets drawers
q
q

2nd week
q
qWash wodwork

q cobwebs

q
q

3rd week
q
q
q
qclean bedroom light fixtures
q

4th week
q
q wash window sills
q
q
qsprint pictures

1st week
qcheck  ac filter
q
q clean Dallas  and nursery drawers and cabinets
q
q

2nd week
q
qwash woodwork
qcobwebs
q
q

3rd week
q
q
q
qclean living room, kitchen, laundry light fixture
q

4th week
q
qwash window sills
q
q
q print pictures




Seasonal:
January
Plan garden
Change batteries in fire alarm

February
Shop for Summer Clothes
Plan Dallas Birthday

March
Sort clothes/shoes
Start plants
Organize Attic
April
Service ac
Clean utility room

May
Wash house
Wash windows

June
Plan school


July
Wash Curtains


August
Shop for winter clothes
Start Christmas Shopping

September
Sort clothes/shoes
Decorate Fall

October
Rake leaves
Clean gutters

November
Rake leaves
Clean gutters
Decorate Christmas
December
Wrap Presents




I am a stay at home mom, so for working moms your house may not need this much attention (if you're not home, the kids can't dirty a house!).  One piece of advice I have from my full-time student, full-time single mom, part-time salary worker, is to pick up as you go. Leaving tasks unfinished  will leave more mess for a later time {time that no one has to give!}... 

My messy, busy, little boy! 



Does this feel overwhelming to you? If so, take one day and be as productive as you would like to be every day. Write down what you do from mediocre tasks to long chores. You will find that you do at least this amount of work in one day. Prioritize and tweak into your own Detailed Chore List.


THANK YOU
for stopping by! Please comment
with suggestions for posts, questions, anything!




4 comments:

  1. Love this! Thanks! Your blog is going to be successful! You're a very talented writer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed that you have time to do all this with a husband and 2 children! I'm super inspired to be a better wife now! I can't wait to read more of your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every single thing doesn't get done every day ;) But the list simplifies things!

      Delete