Background

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Abortion is Not a Remedy

"... a baby is aborted every 26 seconds." 

A model of a 12 week old baby while inside it's mother's womb. 

Forty years ago marked the date that legalized abortion in the United States in the well-known Roe vs. Wade case. Since then, in the US alone, a baby is aborted every 26 seconds. I can barely think about that without it being a personal issue. I am a woman, a daughter, and a mother. We are faced with many choices in life- ending a baby's life at any stage is the wrong choice: whether medical, emotional, or inconvenience is the reason- the choice is made upon conception.

Maybe the woman's body was taken under control and against her will and she found herself pregnant, but God knew what would come of the situation and had a plan for that baby's life upon conception.

"As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother's womb, so you cannot understand the work of God, the Maker of all things." Ecclesiastes 11:5

If you have never been told, then let me tell you about my God and how he was worked in my life. Abortion is a personal issue with me, because I was a mother faced with a choice for my child's life. In June of 2007, after graduating high school in the top 25 of my class, being accepted to the University of Georgia on a full academic scholarship, and recommitting my life to Christ, I found myself pregnant. Was this my boyfriend's choice? No, it was my own. I know sin because I was created with a soul that knows right and wrong. I chose poorly and thus had a choice to make. I thank God that He placed people in my life to guide me when I said, "Forget this, I will not walk this path that You have laid out for me. I tried to change! I have committed my life to You, Lord! If being pregnant is what it takes for my life to turn around, then I am walking back the way I came." 

My boyfriend's mother, Lisa, lovingly showed me that God loved me despite my sin. I felt able to care for this baby growing inside of me. I felt accepted in God's house because of her. If you are faced with a choice after becoming pregnant, then I pray that God places someone in your life that brings light to your darkness.

A young man shared with me how his mother was faced with the choice to abort him, but could not suffer the emotional consequences again that she had faced with her first abortion. Looking in his eyes and at how God how used His life, I saw how God can turn our sin for His glory. 

Without Dallas, I would have never truly taken down my pride and turned my life over to God 100%. It has taken many trials, but they have been my choices. Yes, I am now a mother of two without fully completing my college education, but I have peace and joy daily in this life! I do not have the regret or the emotional consequence that follows an abortion. 

Please, love the ones that have aborted and lovingly guide a woman faced with choices upon conception. 

"And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you." Ephesians 4:32


2 comments:

  1. I was late to work today because I wouldn't get ready since I was reading your blog.lol gee thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time! But I'm sorry you were late ;)

      Delete