Background

Friday, February 15, 2013

Throat Tea

I loved all the positive feedback from my last post, Home Remedies. Many have asked for more input for my household go to remedies. Last week, was a battle between me vs. sinuses. Living in North Georgia where the weather is sleeting and freezing temperatures then sunny and 60 degrees from day to day, your health can be taken for a whirlwind! Unfortunately, all those "sinus problems" have left me with what we will call Laryngitis. No, I have not had a doctor tell me that I have laryngitis. But since this blog is all about "A Mom's Best Guess",  I will call it how I see it.

So... What do you do when you find yourself with too much mucus to handle, a very swollen larynx, no voice/hoarseness, and three babies to take care of for the day? You make... 

"Throat Tea"
4-6 oz. HOT water
2 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
1 Tbsp. Honey



Imagine you're drinking Apple Juice that has just a little bit of a kick. Yes, it's going to burn a little. After just a few sips you will feel mucus draining that was- for lack of a better word- clogged in your sinuses. Swallowing will become easier. And, much to your pre-schooler's dismay you will be able to talk again! I think Dallas was enjoying the "sign language" I had to do this morning, and then looked at me strangely when I said, "I can talk again!"

Give this a try! I promise you, it's worth having a healthy throat.

No comments:

Post a Comment