Background

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Believing God

"I don't want to be counted among the faithless who never claimed the land God promised them... I know I'm going to heaven because I've trusted Christ as my Savior, but I want to make it to my Canaan on the way."


Are you living today for yourself or for the Lord? My prayer most recently is that God will show me what He has for me today. What task? What blessing? What of His glory will be shown through me? He has your life written out. Had it all planned while you were in your mother's womb. What separates us from God's plan is a lack of faith in Him. 


How many times have you heard someone say, "I believe in God; I'm a Christian." There is a difference in believing in God (His existence) and believing God (His plan for your life).  I believe we go through some trials to be put into a position where only God showing up and working things out could put some order into our lives. I am currently in a place where I don't even have a wheel to turn to get the gears going. I frequently ask Chris, what should we be doing right now? Have I missed an assignment; misheard what God has asked of me? And his response is always just to have faith... Believe God. At this moment, God is not silent. He is there when I am completely worn out. He is there when I am rejoicing over a letter in the mail saying a bill has been paid in full. He is there when I am saying, "Oh! That's what You had planned all along!" 


My Papaw would always say, "There's only two things you have to do in life: be born and die." What's in between the being born and dying is really up to you. 





{I hope this post has started a small fire making you want to know more on how to "believe God". Go and read Beth Moore's book, Believing God. It holds so many little nuggets of direction for a Christian.} 

No comments:

Post a Comment